Thursday, March 25, 2010

South Florida - The Perfect Spring Break Destination



Pristine beaches, sunny days, good eating and warm water are some of the ingredients that make South Florida one the most attractive destinations for Spring Breakers.

Many bloggers have rated Florida beaches amongst the finest in the world. South Beach on of those beaches.
South Beach is the best spot to view the city lights at night. Tourists, however, are drawn to South Beach for the culture. South Florida is like an international playground. People from all around the world are captivated by Florida’s beauty.
Florida Atlantic University student Joe Pascale has a personal preference for his choice of Beach locations. “I chose to stick around for spring break,” said Pascale. “I live just outside of
Fort Lauderdale and I really like the beaches. During the day I spend most of my time at Fort Lauderdale Beach. Most people would recommend South Beach but Fort Lauderdale Beach is just as beautiful.”

As a South Florida local, Pascale says that
Coconut Grove is also one of the places he loves most. “The beach is very pretty and there are a lot of great little bars and neat places to go,”said Pascale.


College student Daniel Casas agrees that Fort Lauderdale is a great place. “South Beach is really popular but really far away from me,” said Casas. “I love everything about South Beach. It has great restaurants and bars, but if I had to choose I would rather enjoy the night life in Fort Lauderdale. The bars have great music and it’s just a lot closer to where I live.”



South Florida local Chucky Savery has different reasons for loving South Florida. “I love the Hard Rock, “said Savery. “I love to eat and gamble. The Hard Rock has all of that to offer. The interesting thing about the Hard Rock is it’s owned by the Seminoles and it is built on a reservation. The Hard Rock in Hollywood, Florida, has a certain culture to it that I really like. Somehow, I feel drawn to it.”



University of Florida student Jason D’Souza is attracted to the culture of South Florida. "I love that there are so many different kinds of people here," said D’Souza. “South Florida is so diverse. I meet people from so many places. The food here is also wonderful. There are so many kinds of food to eat, from Cuban to Moroccan. It’s amazing.”


All pictures taken by Ashley Coke-Mendez

No comments:

Post a Comment